March 28, 2011

Up Do

Every day, my favorite 3 1/2 year old girl has a decision to make... What "kind" of hair shall we do today?

Most days, maybe 9 out of 10, the choice is Tinkerbell hair. Tinkerbell hair is simple really, it means one ponytail centered somewhere on her head.  There's also Fawn hair (a braid), Silvermist hair (add a little hair goo, maybe blow dry it), Rosetta Hair (pulled back on the sides somehow) or "Nossing!" at which point I convince her (or attempt to) that a headband would be better... at least it LOOKS like we tried when we get to the grocery store, library, park, or daycare.

This morning, as in most mornings, it was "Tinkerbell please!"
"All your hair?"
"No, just some of it"
So I set her up with a classic pebbles topknot and we go on about our usual day.  Only I forgot to turn on the radio, and for a change, she doesn't shout from the backseat "Turn it up please!!!!!"  About halfway to daycare, I hear what sounds like a 3 year old humming/singing to herself.  You know the sound... can't quite be sure what the words are, you just hope it doesn't involve profanity (she does have a soft spot for White Zombie)  I adjust the rearview mirror.  She's swinging her head in dizzying circles, singing one of her new favorite songs: Whip my Hair


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U

I always said my kids wouldn't have stupid pet tricks, but how can I help showing this off?

-Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment