March 28, 2011

Young Love

Have you ever sat and listened to 3, 4 or 5 year olds talking about love?  If only it was so simple.

I found out the other day that the little boy in my life is growing up.  Only in Kindergarten, and it's starting!  You may have gone through this already.  You go to a birthday party for a random child you hardly know from daycare or school.  Strike up an awkard conversation with parents you don't know at all, or hardly know if you're lucky.  "Which one's yours?" they ask and you point him out, hoping they don't have a negative association.  Maybe you get a reaction like "Oh, he's a real sweetie!" or not so nice "Oh, he's so active, isn't he!" or maybe, it happens...

"Oh, my OTHER child, my daughter is in his class...
.
.
.
.
.
He was the first boy she kissed!"
.
.
.
.
I need to sit down.

-Helena

1 comment: