April 23, 2011

You should know better

The Handbasket Kitchen was recently remodeled, including a lovely butcher block counter top beside the stove. With that countertop comes the need to season it.  With that need, comes a bunch of research.  What can we season it with that will serve the purpose, but still be food safe, and preferably environmentally friendly?  We finally decided on Mineral Oil.

A little more research, and we find out where to buy the oil.  The pharmacy.  With the laxatives.

I happily grab the bottle for $5, a bargain!  I march up to the teenage boy cashier.  Boy looks at the bottle ("intestinal lubricant") and at me... back to the bottle, back to me... Awkward pause, awkward silence which I know I shouldn't fill, but I am compelled.

"Just gotta season up the butcher block before the relatives come for dinner" I tell him happily...

I should have known that would come out as a potty inuendo... the boy just about turned green.  Thankfully, I had the wisdom to stop talking, rather than explain to the rest of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment